All first-time parents are required to participate in a one-session program to prepare them to celebrate the baptism of their child. We strongly encourage parents who have over a three year interval between baptisms to participate. Baptismal Preparation Sessions are scheduled through the parish office. Parents must be registered parishioners and both are expected to attend the preparation session. To register, or for more information, please contact Deacon Mike Lewis at 816-453-5510 x215.
First Reconciliation and First Eucharist
Parent (s) provide a copy of their child’s baptism certificate, attend parent information meetings and scheduled preparation sessions, including family retreat day, with their child. Preparation begins in September of each year. First Reconciliation followed by First Eucharist. Upon completion of their child’s preparation (First Reconciliation and/or First Eucharist) parent (s) and the Director of Faith Formation will determine the child’s readiness to celebrate a sacrament.
Preparation Age: Child must be in the second grade level of school, however, older children who have not prepared for or celebrated their First Reconciliation or First Eucharist may do so at the request of their parent (s) or adult guardian.
Please contact the Parish Office or the Director of Children’s Faith Formation, Jean Folken, 816-453-0971 x 113.
You can download the schedule here: 2017-2018 Sacraments Schedule
Parish High School youth who are ready to assume ownership of the promises made by others on their behalf at their Baptism are invited to learn about the sacrament of Confirmation. Open to teens in Grades 8-12. Sessions begin Sunday, October 8, 2017 in the Youth Room from 6-8:00 PM. You can download the details here: Confirmation Information.
Download the registration form here: Confirmation Registration Form
Download the Confirmation schedule here: confirmation-schedule-2017-2018
Direct all questions to DeLyne Knox 816-645-3824 or email@example.com.
Marriage Preparation Steps for St. Patrick’s Catholic Church
1. Meet with Fr. Robert H. Stewart, pastor. Fr. Robert will collect basic information about you (address, sacramental info,) and at this – or your next meeting, you will take the Prepare Assessment, and meet again to cover the analysis of your assessment.
2. Attend a “God’s Plan for a Joy-Filled Marriage” Saturday session in the KC area.
3. Attend an “Engaged Encounter Weekend”. Weekends are held in the KC area.
4. Attend a Natural Family Planning Course. At St. Patrick’s we offer courses throughout the year, following the Sympto-Thermal Method.
5. One of the last things we will do is talk about the ceremony itself. You will meet with Fr. Robert to discuss Scripture readings, the pronouncement of your promises, and, if necessary, with Robin Lamb, Liturgist, on music.
Please contact Fr. Robert through the Parish Office at 816-453-5510 x220.
Anointing of the Sick
Sacrament of anointing of the sick is available throughout the year. If you are preparing for surgery or know of someone in need of this sacrament, please call the Parish Office. Most hospitals do not have a priest on staff to hear confession or anoint so it is important for you to make the initial contact.
Sacrament of Reconciliation (Confession)
Confessions are heard Saturdays 3:15-3:45 PM and First Fridays 8:00-8:20 AM.